A strange problem in BBC Basic forum?

You can talk about anything related to LB Booster here, not covered in another category
Post Reply
kigohhere
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 9:26 am

A strange problem in BBC Basic forum?

Post by kigohhere » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:10 pm

Hello....the LBB forum is normal but the BBC Basic forum is not normal. Please solve the problem, thanks a lot:

Image

Image

guest
Site Admin
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:34 pm

Re: A strange problem in BBC Basic forum?

Post by guest » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:20 pm

kigohhere wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:10 pm
Hello....the LBB forum is normal but the BBC Basic forum is not normal. Please solve the problem
Edit:
Actually I'm not sure that there is anything wrong. If I visit the BBC BASIC forum as a 'newcomer' (using Private Browsing) the normal Register and Login options show up, so I expect the reason you (and I) am not seeing them is simply because we are already logged in.

kigohhere
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 9:26 am

Re: A strange problem in BBC Basic forum?

Post by kigohhere » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:28 pm

Hello........

Oh, I did not log on both forums before I took the two screenshots.

Actually, I have not visited these two forums since January 2020.

Oh......was the setting of the BBC BASIC forum changed significantly?

guest
Site Admin
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:34 pm

Re: A strange problem in BBC Basic forum?

Post by guest » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:46 pm

kigohhere wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:28 pm
Oh, I did not log on both forums before I took the two screenshots.
I'm seeing this on both forums so I don't know why it's different for you. Try asking the forum's admin:

forumheader.png
forumheader.png (13.58 KiB) Viewed 166 times

RNBW
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:21 pm

Re: A strange problem in BBC Basic forum?

Post by RNBW » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:09 am

Have I solved the problem?

When you first enter the forum, the area in the top right hand corner where you log in is blank. There is also the message at the top of the forum which you have to click to accept cookies before you can access any forum section to view. Clicking this Clears the message and brings up the link to Login.

kigohhere
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 9:26 am

Re: A strange problem in BBC Basic forum?

Post by kigohhere » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:06 pm

RNBW wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:09 am
Have I solved the problem?

When you first enter the forum, the area in the top right hand corner where you log in is blank. There is also the message at the top of the forum which you have to click to accept cookies before you can access any forum section to view. Clicking this Clears the message and brings up the link to Login.
Hello, I was busy last two weeks. I reply to you now.

This problem still exists. I believe that this problem is not related to cookies. It is because of this:

in the LBB forum, I actually can see the words "Register" and "Login" but I don't need to accept any cookie for seeing these two words.

Please help. Thanks!

guest
Site Admin
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:34 pm

Re: A strange problem in BBC Basic forum?

Post by guest » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:58 pm

kigohhere wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:06 pm
in the LBB forum, I actually can see the words "Register" and "Login" but I don't need to accept any cookie for seeing these two words.
The LBB forum and the BBC BASIC forum are running different versions of phpBB so you should not expect them to behave the same way.

Please try what I suggested: visit the BBC BASIC forum in Private Browsing mode, what do you see? When I do that 'Login' and 'Register' are initially blank, but as soon as I accept cookies they appear. I am confident you will see exactly the same.

kigohhere
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 9:26 am

Re: A strange problem in BBC Basic forum?

Post by kigohhere » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:27 pm

guest wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:58 pm
kigohhere wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:06 pm
in the LBB forum, I actually can see the words "Register" and "Login" but I don't need to accept any cookie for seeing these two words.
The LBB forum and the BBC BASIC forum are running different versions of phpBB so you should not expect them to behave the same way.

Please try what I suggested: visit the BBC BASIC forum in Private Browsing mode, what do you see? When I do that 'Login' and 'Register' are initially blank, but as soon as accept cookies they appear. I am confident you will see exactly the same.
Thanks! You are right! No problem now.

Post Reply