Having troubble to embed files for exectuable

You can talk about anything related to LB Booster here, not covered in another category
flotul

Having troubble to embed files for exectuable

Post by flotul »

Hi There,

This is a problem I've never had before. I use the same LB 3.10 as always, the same editor as always and the problem is new.

I can make an executable and embed files (bmp and pdf); LB does its job fine as always.

When it comes to launch the exectuable in another directory than the one it was created in, I've got error messages saying this and that file could not be created.
000936.jpg
000936.jpg (9.17 KiB) Viewed 5195 times
I checked for file attributes that could block something but I don't see anything there.

What am I missing please?
flotul

Re: Having troubble to embed files for exectuable

Post by flotul »

For a test, I made the exectuable as usual and copied it to another PC and it works normally.

So the problem must be in my PC.

But what can it be please?
Site Admin

Post by guest »

flotul wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:17 am So the problem must be in my PC.
But what can it be please?
I'm afraid I'm no wiser than you are. It does look like some sort of 'access rights' issue, so if the directory and file attributes look OK perhaps it's something set by a policy. Or could it perhaps be linked with UAC Virtualization?

Does it make any difference if you install it with explicit administrator privileges (e.g. by using 'Run as administrator')?

Does it make any difference if you install it in a folder that is 'officially' public, such as C:\Users\Public\ ?
flotul

Post by flotul »

I tried to launch the app as admin but there's no change. It does work when installed in a "real" public folder.

That's so curious... there must have been a change lately but where and what?????

I can leave with....

Happy for you to see it's not related to the magnificent LBB ;-)

Have a nice day