LB Workshop

You can talk about anything related to LB Booster here, not covered in another category
RNBW

LB Workshop

Post by RNBW »

I have just had an update to Windows 10 and unfortunately Liberty Basic Workshop seems to have stopped working. When I try to load or create a file a blank code window comes up and does not allow you to type in it nor does it show the code of a loaded file.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling LB Workshop, but no change.

Has anyone else found the same problem?
Site Admin

Re: LB Workshop

Post by guest »

RNBW wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:32 amHas anyone else found the same problem?
LB Workshop is still working for me in Windows 10, but I don't know whether I've yet received the update you have. Mine is reporting Version 1709, OS Build 16299.371

Richard.
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

Richard
Rod on the LB Forum has come up with the answer:
Ray, its UAC that's protecting your system. Navigate to where you installed LB Workshop then right click on the .exe and right click properties. Then under the compatibility tab you will see run as administrator. Click that option and apply and it should be fine.
In addition, ticked the box for Windows 8 compatibility and it works.
Ray
Site Admin

Post by guest »

RNBW wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:23 pm Rod on the LB Forum has come up with the answer:
I'm not finding it necessary to run LBW as administrator (and I'd be wary of doing so because of the security implications), nor am I setting any compatibility mode. It's installed in Program Files (x86) as you would expect. I'll keep an eye on it in case something changes.

It's probably not relevant, but of course my LBW is configured to run and debug programs using LBB, not LB 4.

Richard.
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

I'm not finding it necessary to run LBW as administrator (and I'd be wary of doing so because of the security implications), nor am I setting any compatibility mode. It's installed in Program Files (x86) as you would expect. I'll keep an eye on it in case something changes.

It's probably not relevant, but of course my LBW is configured to run and debug programs using LBB, not LB 4.
Richard
I run LBB in LB Workshop. I've changed all the configurations back to what they were (I think as yours) and now LB Workshop works OK. I don't understand it, but hope it continues OK.
Ray