Hi Richard

You can talk about anything related to LB Booster here, not covered in another category
RNBW

Hi Richard

Post by RNBW »

The new forum looks good to me. I tried the link to the old LBB forum and it worked OK.
Site Admin

Re: Hi Richard

Post by guest »

RNBW wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:29 pm The new forum looks good to me. I tried the link to the old LBB forum and it worked OK.
The link should work and browsing the old forum snapshot should work, but the search facility won't work properly until Google has crawled it. It may be a few days before it gets around to doing that.

Richard.
RobM

Post by RobM »

You can manually submit the site to be indexed.

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url
Site Admin

Post by guest »

RobM wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:48 pm You can manually submit the site to be indexed.
I have - I did it immediately, not least because the Google Custom Search instructions tell you to! - but it can still take a while before it actually gets around to crawling it. At the new BBC BASIC forum it was about two or three days before full-search results started to appear.

Richard.
Monkfish

Post by Monkfish »

Thanks for continuing to support us Richard :D
tsh73

Post by tsh73 »

Hello there. Thanks for keeping things up and running.
Site Admin

Post by guest »

tsh73 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:03 pm Thanks for keeping things up and running.
I'm keeping my fingers well and truly crossed that choosing to host the forum (and the wiki) on a 'private', albeit shared, server doesn't prove to be a mistake. Being permanently free of advertising - and not having to go cap-in-hand to members for donations - is a big attraction. And experience with Conforums shows that going with a huge commercial provider is no guarantee of continuity. But reliability will be critical to its success.

Richard.