I HAVE BEEN BANNED FROM THE LB FORUM!!!

You can talk about anything related to LB Booster here, not covered in another category
RNBW

Re: I HAVE BEEN BANNED FROM THE LB FORUM!!!

Post by RNBW »

Richard

I come back from holiday and find that you have been banned from the Just Basic Forum.

I echo your sentiments, particularly in view of my own experience with the Liberty Basic forum.

Users of LB and JB should take note of what can happen. You can try to be helpful, but if they don't like the words you are gone!

I play around with a lot of dialects of BASIC, with C++ (and I'm beginning with C), and FreePascal. I learn a lot from these languages, things that you can try between them to improve programming skills. I found that I discovered the dialects more from references in the various dialects, where quite often users will post some code from one language and ask if users can help to translate it to another. Clearly this shouldn't be done in LB/JB if you're not allowed to refer to other languages.

One would think that the writer of a programming language would welcome technical comment on how it works, but clearly Carl Gundel doesn't think like this. We have been waiting for Liberty Basic 5 for almost as long as I have been using LB, the updates to LB4 have been very weak and the known bugs have not been addressed. Frankly Richard, I think that Carl Gundel probably lives in awe of you and is frightened of what further deficiencies you will find in Liberty Basic.

It is noted that Rod has not made any comment on your banning from JB. I shall be replying to his response in this forum to my banning from LB when I can find time - there's no rush.

However, it is sad that you have been banned from JB and I am sure that forum members who have found your input so useful will be sorry to have lost your expertise. Thankfully, you are still here at the LBB forum to help us with our problems.

Ray