Forum features

You can talk about anything related to LB Booster here, not covered in another category
Site Admin

Forum features

Post by guest »

The new forum has lots of nice features, but they aren't always obvious. One that you might have missed is the 'Quick links' button in the top-left corner under the LBB logo. One of those links is to 'Unread posts' so you can quickly find topics that have been updated since your last visit, without having to scan the entire list.

Richard.
tsh73

Re: Forum features

Post by tsh73 »

Thank you Richard. I was looking for "Recent posts" button for a while.
Site Admin

Re: Forum features

Post by guest »

tsh73 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:13 pm Thank you Richard. I was looking for "Recent posts" button for a while.
The '10 most recent posts' feature at Conforums was never reliable. Sometimes posts would not appear there at all, and if activity was high posts could get pushed off that list before you ever saw them. I prefer the 'unread posts' feature here, but since it's user-specific it only works for logged-in members and not for guests.

The notification options are better here too. You can subscribe to an entire sub-forum (all of them if you like!) and receive an email if a new topic is created. I think that at Conforums you could only subscribe to an existing topic, so you'd never find out about a new one being created. Mind you I don't understand why here there's a checkmark if you have not subscribed, but no checkmark if you have; that seems back-to-front. :?

Richard.