'include filename.bas

Discussions about the Liberty BASIC language, with particular reference to LB Booster
RNBW

Re: 'include filename.bas

Post by RNBW »

So I clicked on Help in the LBB IDE (which I use rarely - I use LB Workshop) and here is the result
Can’t reach this page
Make sure the web address http://bb4w.wikispaces.com is correct
Search for this site on Bing
Refresh the page
My copy of LBB is 2 or 3 years old and I'm not aware of any updates, so I presume this is the latest version.
Site Admin

Post by guest »

RNBW wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:26 am So I clicked on Help in the LBB IDE and here is the result...
Precisely! This is where we came in. Repeating yourself isn't going to make any difference to my answers. :roll:
(which I use rarely - I use LB Workshop)
The LBB manual should be accessible from LBW too, if you've set it up correctly. I don't have LBW installed here because it's no longer available to download.
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

I'm sorry to hear about LB Workshop no longer downloadable. I've tried it myself with no joy. Fortunately, I have kept a copy of the zip file that I downloaded for LBW.

In regards to a help file for LBW, I have produced my own bespoke help file, which incorporates help files for LB4.5, LB Companion, LB Newsletters (not all, I'm still working on this), LBB, BBC Basic Programmers' Reference (added today), APIs for LB, ABCs of APIs, Windows API Things You Don't Want To Know and a list of others that need developing. This gives me a lot of information whilst using LBW with just a few clicks. I did it for my own use and it would likely infringe several copyrights so I can't offer it on the forum.
Rod

Post by Rod »

I believe the LBW download is still available on Alyce's site. The problem seems to be browser based, a casual click gets ignored. On my iMac I need to Command Click to get the download started and I also need to Allow downloads from her site. Nanny state again. I know it is different for Windows, try Copying the link and pasting to the browser or right click and save file as.
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

Rod wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:45 am I believe the LBW download is still available on Alyce's site. The problem seems to be browser based, a casual click gets ignored. On my iMac I need to Command Click to get the download started and I also need to Allow downloads from her site. Nanny state again. I know it is different for Windows, try Copying the link and pasting to the browser or right click and save file as.

I've just got back from holiday, so it's my first opportunity to check Rod's suggestion.
Using Firefox, I right-clicked the link on Alyce's Restaurant website and then copy link. Pasted this link in the Firefox browser and this brought up the link for download.

I think that LBW is the best IDE for LB and am pleased that it can indeed still be downloaded.
Site Admin

Post by guest »

RNBW wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:54 am I right-clicked the link on Alyce's Restaurant website and then copy link. Pasted this link in the Firefox browser and this brought up the link for download.
Extremely strange. I have never encountered that behaviour on any other website. I have no idea what causes it, but it must result in many people abandoning their attempt to download LB Workshop.

Anyway, I can confirm what I said before: you can configure LB Workshop to access the LBB Help file. Select Options... Preferences... Paths... Optional Helpfile Path... and browse to lbb.chm (which is most likely in C:\Program Files (x86)\LB Booster).

Alternatively you can download a newer version of lbb.chm and configure LBW to use that. Either way you can then access the LBB Help very easily from the LBW Help... Optional Help File menu selection (keyboard shortcut Alt+HO).

For more details of using LB Workshop with LB Booster see here.
zpq

Post by zpq »

Hi
Is there an example of how to call the include file?

Thanks