Console application

You can talk about anything related to LB Booster here, not covered in another category
Jalkhov

Console application

Post by Jalkhov »

Hi, I have a question, when I convert a Just Basic code to an executable and I check the option "create console application", when the program writes the texts it does it one by one, and there are parts of my program that are extensive, and it is somewhat tedious to wait for everything to finish writing, is there a way to speed up this process and that everything is displayed instantly?
🧠 Learning...
Site Admin

Re: Console application

Post by guest »

Jalkhov wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:30 amis there a way to speed up this process and that everything is displayed instantly?
I don't know of any way to speed up console output, sorry. It is not particularly slow here, this program displays the text 'instantly' when run as a Console Mode executable (Windows 10):

Code: Select all

PRINT "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"
WAIT
Jalkhov

Post by Jalkhov »

To me it is displayed like this, line by line and letter by letter

🧠 Learning...
Site Admin

Post by guest »

Jalkhov wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:02 pm To me it is displayed like this, line by line and letter by letter
I ran this:

start = time$("ms")
for i = 1 to 100
  print "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"
next
finish = time$("ms")
print finish-start
wait
Here is the output; 186 milliseconds for 4,500 characters, that's over 24,000 characters per second:

console_speed.png
console_speed.png (95.56 KiB) Viewed 7063 times

Try changing your console settings (right-click in the title bar, select Properties).
Jalkhov

Post by Jalkhov »

guest wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:20 pm
Jalkhov wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:02 pm To me it is displayed like this, line by line and letter by letter
I ran this:

start = time$("ms")
for i = 1 to 100
  print "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"
next
finish = time$("ms")
print finish-start
wait
Here is the output; 186 milliseconds for 4,500 characters, that's over 24,000 characters per second:

console_speed.png

Try changing your console settings (right-click in the title bar, select Properties).
No, other programs run fine on console, not like that. Anyway, there seems to be something wrongly configured. Thanks anyway.
🧠 Learning...