False Positives from AV

You can talk about anything related to LB Booster here, not covered in another category
sarmednafi
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:27 am

Re: False Positives from AV

Post by sarmednafi » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:05 am

> You seem to believe that LBB executables contain a genuine virus.
It is not a genuine virus it is a part of a virus a thread or a part of a thread.

> Defender is an antivirus program
No, it is not, therefore Windows display a notification "You don't install anty virus !"

Defender is to keep Win from collapsed down because of a certain virus.

For many years Past I post a small ".exe" to the USA and the problem starts there. The same problem happened to Alyce with her assembly she wrote or something like that.

It is not me the people around me whom I wrote the programs for them.
However, I changed all the programs back to LB. Till we found a solution to this problem.

Regards

guest
Site Admin
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:34 pm

Re: False Positives from AV

Post by guest » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:15 am

sarmednafi wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:05 am
It is not a genuine virus it is a part of a virus a thread or a part of a thread.
No, you did not read my reply. It is a heuristic detection, which means Kaspersky did not see any part of a virus.
> Defender is an antivirus program
No, it is not
Yes, it is! You can read here: "Formerly known as Windows Defender, Microsoft Defender Antivirus still delivers the comprehensive, ongoing, and real-time protection you expect against software threats like viruses, malware, and spyware across email, apps, the cloud, and the web".
However, I changed all the programs back to LB. Till we found a solution to this problem.
There is no "problem" in LBB. It does not contain a virus, part of a virus, or any threat at all. The problem is that Kaspersky is applying a heuristic rule which causes it to come to the conclusion that the LBB executable exhibits virus-like characteristics (like not being signed) and it therefore alerts you to it as a risk. This is what is called a false positive and it is increasingly common.

You already have the solution to the problem: build your executable and submit it to Kaspersky for analysis via their website. They will confirm that it does not have a virus and they will whitelist it in their next (probably daily) database update. You can then safely send your program to whoever you like.

Please do not spread false information about LB Booster.

sarmednafi
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:27 am

Re: False Positives from AV

Post by sarmednafi » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:36 am

Dear Richard,

Thank you for all your replays. Remember I am not living in the United States. The people here still using Win7 in their small business, they hate using Win10 it is not friendly for them and maybe they going to use LINUX instead when Microsoft block Win7 from the internet.

So I please you to write a letter to those people in Kaspersky telling them it is a false trigger came out from their antivirus, your speech is powerful more than mine (you are the English man remember). And say you build this LBB for free without any profit.

I Wait no replay from you, just wrote that letter. That's all.

Sincerely yours ever,
Sarmed Nafi.

guest
Site Admin
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:34 pm

Re: False Positives from AV

Post by guest » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:04 am

sarmednafi wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:36 am
they hate using Win10 it is not friendly for them
If configured correctly Windows 10 is virtually identical to Windows 7. I use both almost every day: I do not notice any significant difference!
and maybe they going to use LINUX instead when Microsoft block Win7 from the internet.
You say they "hate" Windows 10, despite it being almost identical to Windows 7. Yet you suggest that they might move to Linux, which is totally different and unfamiliar. It makes no sense to me.
So I please you to write a letter to those people in Kaspersky
They need to examine your LBB executable! What is your objection to sending it to them via their false-positive submission service? You can do that in seconds, but you won't. Is your program illegal? If so I am pleased that you are moving back to LB.

I am locking this thread now.

Locked