A disaster

You can talk about anything related to LB Booster here, not covered in another category
sarmednafi

A disaster

Post by sarmednafi »

Dear Richard,

After the last antivirus update yesterday evening, Kaspersky starts to delete any ".exe" created by LBB saying it contained malware or trojan or both.

What I did, I cleaned all the PC and download a fresh copy of LBB and create ".exe" from LB examples, anyone I created Kasper delete it at once. That's painful.

Please Richard do something, I expect a new release of LBB nearly to overcome this problem.

Regards,
Sarmed
Site Admin

Re: A disaster

Post by guest »

sarmednafi wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:59 am Please Richard do something, I expect a new release of LBB nearly to overcome this problem.
Please see the other thread False positives from AV for a discussion of this problem. It is not helpful to say "please do something" when it's not my fault! If you try to blame me, it will mean I am less likely to be sympathetic, not more. :(

Some things you can do to help yourself:
  • Uninstall Kaspersky and use a different antivirus program, I recommend Windows Defender (which comes as standard with Windows 10: you do not need anything else, whatever the other antivirus vendors may tell you!).
  • Whitelist the directory in which you create your LBB executables so they are not immediately deleted.
  • Submit every executable which exhibits this problem to Kaspersky's website for analysis; if they keep receiving them they will realise they have a problem.
  • Don't complain to me about something that I am not responsible for!
Rod

Post by Rod »

I can thoroughly recommend Richard's preferred virus checker. The first thing I do with a new PC is delete whatever checker has been bundled with the package and install Windows Defender. I have been using it for more than fifteen years and never encountered a problem. It is a fully comprehensive package protecting your files and online activities. It never intrudes and I have never seen a false positive.

I suppose it comes down to how many people use the other virus checker, the virus checker folks hopefully monitor what is going on online and they should be aware of these false positives. So it may well be a transient problem till they notice they are ruining folks PC installations. I would complain to them in any event.

But do change checker to avoid further problems.
sarmednafi

Post by sarmednafi »

Hi Rod,

Thank you for being here. I hope I will talk to you on the LB forum.

All the best
Regards