Show faulty file(s) and line(s) while compiling

Here you can suggest additions and modifications to LB Booster
flotul

Post by flotul »

Hi,

When I compile my progs that (unfortunately) contain errors, I'm having a hard time to find out where the problem is since the LBB compiler doesn't tell me the faulty file (especially in case of includes) neither the corresponding line.

000599.png
000599.png (19.49 KiB) Viewed 10780 times
The compiler will give you little info (in this example a quote is missing) but that's all.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

If not, a more "verbose" output could be really helpfull ;)

Roger
Site Admin

Re: Show faulty file(s) and line(s) while compiling

Post by guest »

flotul wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:24 pm The compiler will give you little info (in this example a quote is missing) but that's all.
The "11 out of 108 lines processed" should give you some idea where the problem is.
If not, a more "verbose" output could be really helpfull ;)
LBB was originally designed to 'boost' programs that had already been successfully tested and debugged in LB4, so error reporting was a relatively low priority. Sorry.
flotul

Post by flotul »

No, the indicated line numbers are not helpfull at all since it can happen in any included file - so no clue where the error can be :cry:

Moreover, once you start to use LBB only, some small syntax differences between LB and LBB don't make it easy to compile in LB and boost with LBB as it should.

Was just a suggestion... ;)
Site Admin

Re: Show faulty file(s) and line(s) while compiling

Post by guest »

flotul wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:53 pm No, the indicated line numbers are not helpfull at all since it can happen in any included file
If the error happens in an included file, the indicated line number should correspond to the 'include statement itself, so you can then study that file separately (e.g. try to compile it) to discover where the error is. If the line corresponding to the indicated line number is not a 'include statement, then that line should be where the error is!
Was just a suggestion... ;)
LB Booster is not maintained. The links in the Help menu to the Discussion Group and the Message Board don't even work, because they point to resources that closed down years ago. Your suggestion would mean taking it out of mothballs so it could once again be modified and re-built. That's a lot to ask (and risky, too)!