testing

You can talk about anything related to LB Booster here, not covered in another category
RNBW

testing

Post by RNBW »

Richard

On the BBC Basic forum [url]https://www.bbcbasic.co.uk/forum/viewto ... #p4837[url] you stated that you had an updated version of LBB, but couldn't issue it because it required intensive testing. I offered to help with the testing. Have you had any further thought on the matter?

Ray
Site Admin

Re: testing

Post by guest »

RNBW wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:11 pm I offered to help with the testing. Have you had any further thought on the matter?
I saw no such offer, and received no email notification. Perhaps the admin of the BBC BASIC forum thought it was inappropriate, I noticed that a couple of other recent posts about LBB disappeared before I had a chance to read them. It can be considered a competitor to BBC BASIC after all. ;)
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

Richard
I thought about responding from the LBB site, but since the matter was brought up on the BBC Basic forum I decided to respond from there. Wrong decision!

So, my offer to help still stands, so if you still want to go ahead with the testing could you give me links to the updated LBB and the test programs. If you would rather provide the links by email, I'll send my email by PM, although you probably have it somewhere.

Ray.
Site Admin

Post by guest »

RNBW wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:33 am So, my offer to help still stands
You didn't respond to my reply here.
RNBW

Post by RNBW »

Richard
Sorry, I didn't notice your post.

I have downloaded the LBB file and installed it. I did get a warning of a virus, but I checked it and got the all-clear before I installed it. I have run a few of my programs with it - all successfully. I've also proxies an exec file from one of them, again successfully. I'll have a play around in the next few weeks and see if anything happens, but without the numerous bits of code that you mentioned, it is limited.

I've not yet used the split screen facility and converted anything to BBC Basic.

I'll let you know if I find anything.